Author and blogger Warren Ellis points us to this September 2002 thread on a Battlestar Galactica fan site in which fans pose questions to Ronald D. Moore, the writer behind the forthcoming "reimagined" BSG miniseries debuting on SciFi channel December (read WIRED article about it here). What's so intriguing and hilarious about this thread -- which took place before the project was greenlit--are the questions:
* When you were following your dream to become a writer, did you ever think that someday you would be using it to crush the dreams of others?Link, Discuss
* Are you lying to us, Mister Moore? NOTHING is going on with your production! Prove to us there is current movement or move on! We need some proof that you really filming & doing this miniseries.
* First of all, you probably think everyone hates you and how you took over the show. That's completely true. So I will ask, how do you think fans will embrace your show and why will they embrace it?
* I bumped into you at Paramount years ago. You've changed. When did you get a fire lit under you to be the next Gene Roddenberry?
* Mr. Moore, why do you lie (LIE) to us in some of your BG posts? You aren't telling the truth and you know it. Tell us.
* What right do you have to destroy something we all love?
* Mr. Ronald D. Moore, recreating the cataclysmic events of human kind's destruction on BG is deplorable considering the tension over 9/11, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, fighting in other countries and warcomingsoon for Iraq, the U.S. And the U.K. Why are you choosing to retell the story of BG instead of continuing it?