Reverse Serial Propagation480k Powerpoint Link (via Oblomovka)
Can be quickly and statelessly deployed
* Scan networks with generic recursive probe
* For each incoming request seeking to service the probe, return whatever(TTL=0) and probe with an actual block request
- If a block request comes back from the recurser, populate the server
-If the population packet drops, the upstream should retransmit
* Move back through the file after each server group fills up
* Can be much slower to populate!
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.