Here are just some of the questions we have to consider:Link (Thanks, Gavin!)
* How big should the board of directors be?
* What should the makeup of the board be? For instance, should be it all students? Students and alumni? Others? What ratios/percentages? Should we have a student majority? A student-or-alumni majority?
* Who should we ask to serve on the board?
* Should we have an advisory board? Who should we ask to sit on that?
* Should board members be volunteers, or should we try to remunerate them?
* Officers: what are the roles/titles? (e.g. “treasurer”) What do we need? Who are they?
* Funding: what do we need it for? Where do we get it?
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.