Reader comment: Andrew says: "You're right about the Rubio's fish. Everything is just wrong about it.
- A whole fish on a taco shell is unappealing.
- A talking fish embracing his doom by wearing a snappy yellow taco "vest" is just creepy.
- The name Pesky (apparently a play on Pesce = fish) has bad connotations: will he pop up after he's been eaten to surprise you?
- The fish is just illustrated in the wrong style - too much inappropriate detail.
- Making your mascot something you kill and feed to people is just wrong.
Pesky's irony was blogged once before, apparently, by someone who noted the same sick ironies we have.
Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of MAKE and Cool Tools. Twitter: @frauenfelder. His new book is Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects