Required StuffLink (Thanks, Sammy!)
1. tiger-x86-flat.img Commonly referred to as the "deadmoo" image, it can be found on bittorent sites by searching for "VMWare files for patched Mac OS X Tiger Intel" or "tiger-x86-flat.img" or "tiger-x86.tar.bz2" Find this file! It is the disk image that contains OSX86.
2. There are now ways to install OSX86 on a PC with Windows already on it (linked guides to follow), but I would recommend a new hard drive with at least 8GBs storage.
3. Now, if you will be using the real Mac method you will need to get a hard drive case, if your Mac does not have a spot for a 2nd hard drive. Hard drive cases can be found pretty cheap.
4. If you will not be going the real Mac route, you will find that a lot of the guides ask for you to burn yourself a Linux LiveCD. I would use Ubuntu.
5. Remind myself to delete number 5.
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.