BoingBoing reader Mark says,
Hey, guys. I really hate SmartFilter, and I just knew there had to be something I could do. This idea came to me a few days ago. It's called Distributed Boing Boing -- it's a very simple script that anyone can put on their server. When people visit that page, it automatically fetches Boing Boing and serves up through their server -- sort of an automatic mirror. The code gets rewritten automagically to keep links working through the proxy server. It doesn't require any configuration, and it's totally safe -- only files hosted on *.boingboing.net will get passed through. Help spread the word and help keep Boing Boing flowing.Link to Distributed BoingBoing. Thank you, Mark!
PS: You guys rock. Seriously, I love this place.
- SmartFilter, BoingBoing, and Adult Baby - Diaper Lovers.
- Xeni's NYT op-ed: Exporting Censorship
- BB banned in UAE, Qatar, elsewhere. Response to net-censors: Get bent!
- PRI's "The World" on SmartFilter's BoingBoing "nudity" ban
- NY Times on SmartFilter's not-so-smart "nudity" block
- Saudi Arabia joins league of BoingBoing-deprived nations
- BoingBoing's guide to defeating Censorware
- More BB posts on SmartFilter
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.