[S]tatutory language limiting the Smithsonian’s ability to execute any contract or legal agreement which could limit public access to the Smithsonian collections. In addition, the bill reduces the Smithsonian’s salaries and expenses account by $5 million.Link to Committee on Appropriations press release dated May 4. (thanks, Carl Malamud)
- Smithsonian becomes Showtime's exclusive first-refusal archive
- Smithsonian's Showtime deal: critical attorneys shred it
- Hundreds ask Smithsonian not to sell out to Showtime
- Smithsonian's Showtime sellout needs FOIA sunshine
- Smithsonian's sellout to Showtime slammed by Congress
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.