PROTECT YOUR FACILITIESLink (Thanks, Michael!)
* Attach equipment and cabinets to walls or other stable equipment
* Place heavy or breakable objects on low shelves
* Move workstations away from large windows
* Elevate equipment off the floor to avoid electrical hazards in the event of flooding * Install fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in appropriate places
* Consider if you could benefit from automatic fire sprinklers, alarm systems, closed circuit TV, access control, security guards, or other security systems
* Secure all the ways in which people, products, supplies and other things enter and leave your facility
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.