Very odd article from a 1957 Mechanix Illustrated which tackles the big question of "What makes a man a hero?".Link.
The best part is that there is a test you can take to judge your "Courage Quotient" which is full of some truly absurd questions.
A few statements from the quiz that a man with courage would agree with:
* Desk work is more for a woman than a man
* Any man should love camping and hunting
* I’d rather read a detective story than a humorous story
Here are few statements that reflect poorly on your courageousness:
* A totalitarian system of government is more efficient
* After most wars, the U.S. came out the loser in the peace treaties
* A cowboy movie is more interesting than a good love story
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.