* Link to Battlestar Galactica-themed greenhorncomic.com funny.
* The Mac-o-Lantern: Link.
* Scare the bejeezus out of people, and dress up as the Patriot Act: Link.
* This pumpkin carves itself: Link
* HOWTO cook a realistic, bloody brain: Link. No advice for HOWTO eat it.
* Marshmallow mummy and monster cupcakes: Link
* Suicide Girls comix-themed Halloween photoset (for adults only): Link
* For one day, today, this child has transformed into a fearsome samurai: Link.
* Zombie Clown Haikus:
Split them wide open
Entrails look like sausages
Go get the ShopVac
* Stop sending me links to goatse jackolanterns. Stop. All of you. Because I won't post them, I say, not one single link. No. So played out.
(Thanks, Sean Kennedy, Steve, Scott Fuller, Damon, Jesse Thorn, Alec Muffett, Matthew Harris, Helen @ SuicideGirls)
Previous Omakase linkdumps:
- Omakase linkdump: Trick or 1337
- Dem belly full
- I wanna tear you apart
- Sexy taco, space gun, deli flesh.
- Arabic smokes, Norway bimbo, Danish BB ringtone
- Post-holiday bluesnixer roundup
Enjoy Michael Mullany’s review of the Gartner Hype Cycle, with all the things tech predictors got right and all the things they got wrong: “we’re terrible at making predictions.” Lesson 6: Some technologies keep receding into the future There are some notable technologies that recur on the Hype Cycle and every time they appear they […]
Why we secretly love our cords. Tamara Warren: There’s a certain security in the cord. It’s the idea of connection, perhaps even dating back to our days in the womb. … A battery, no matter how sophisticated, is fleeting. When we have our cords with us, we are in constant pursuit of power, even when […]
The classic beatbox – not an expensive clone or a collection of cleverly-tweaked samples – is back. Roland’s TR-08 directly models the original machine’s analog circuits to recreate its sound as accurately as possible with modern digital technology, and joins revived versions of the TR-909[Amazon] and TB-202[Amazon] in the company’s lineup of boutique boxes. The […]
The Pry.Me Bottle Opener holds tens of thousands of times its own weight, and you can pick one up now from the Boing Boing Store.This remarkable keychain is considerably smaller than any of your keys, but don’t let that fool you: it can easily open any bottle, and could even tow a trailer full of […]
Guaranteeing your privacy online goes way beyond checking the “Do Not Track” option in your browser’s settings. To ensure that your internet activity is totally hidden from Internet Service Providers, advertisers, and other prying eyes, take a look at Windscribe’s VPN protection. It usually costs $7.50 per month, but you can get a 3-year subscription […]
This project management bundle will help you get organized and learn how to lead a team to success. You can pay what you want for these five courses when you pick them up from the Boing Boing Store.To help you become an invaluable asset for your company, this bundle includes a curated collection of professional […]