ROBOT ASSASSINLink (thanks natch, Wayne Correia, Nicholas Chaikin, Sean Bonner)
I know most of you are thinking: "That is a small motor encased in a plastic tube, attached to a potentiometer and a pushswitch, so that some weird electric guitar player can use it to excite his guitar strings and magnetic pickups and generate an annoying electromagnetic whine." YOU ARE SO WRONG! It is actually a sophisticated robot assassin that flies and shoots lasers from it red side. It will track a genetic imprint by detecting genetic dust in the air and can find its target from 2500Km. Once near its target it will engage its Nuclearator (which is a secret super deadly technology that I can't describe here lest it fall into the wrong hands) and Whammo! Target is finished, and no more Frisbees shall fly in a very large radius.
Previously on Boing Boing:
• State of Massachusetts insists on calling ATHF ads "hoax devices"
• Stickers: This is engineering, not bomb-making
• Boston LED terror scare: a message to the media
• Mark on ABC news about Mooninite devices
• Fake pipe bombs found in Boston
• Video of Mooninite menaces
• Boston Mooninite installer arrested
• Boston Channel photoshops Mooninite LED signs
• Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the Bomb T-Shirts
• LED ad campaign ignites terrorism scare in Boston
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.