5,000,000 sunsets later, all that remains of our fatally flawed species, which introduced the concept of tragedy to the local cosmos, is an intriguing architectural motif and the unusual second and third layers of crust which cover so much of the surface of the planet. The world has become an interdimensional crossroads where nothing is capable of having a bad result. How strange we were!Link
Previously on Boing Boing:
• New stuff from Jim Woodring
• MP3 interview with Jim Woodring
• Woodring animated
• New Jim Woodring figurine from StrangeCo
• Jim Woodring profile on STRANGEco
• Jim Woodring handpressed prints
• New Jim Woodring toy: Mr Bumper
• Woodring and Frisell's Mysterio Simpatico
• The Comics Journal Audio Archives: Jim Woodring
• Cool Jim Woodring animations
• Jim Woodring's pop-up Moleskine art
• Jim Woodring's Mr. Bumper toy sculpture
• New Jim Woodring toys: "Imperial Newts"
• Jim Woodring Interview
• Woodring's amazing plastic pals
• More wonderful Woodring Weirdness
• New Jim Woodring print: "The Confidence Bird"
• Jim Woodring interview
• Woodring-esque Salamander from old German kids' books
Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of MAKE and Cool Tools. Twitter: @frauenfelder. Come and hear Mark speak at the ALA conference in Chicago on July 1.
MORE: Art and Design