Tetris cosplayers in parking-lot brawl

15 Responses to “Tetris cosplayers in parking-lot brawl”

1. Mike8787 says:

Maybe this makes me a massive, nitpicky nerd, but all I could think about while I was watching this video is that the blue cosplayer’s costume is incorrect. All tetris pieces are made up of four squares, and his has five.

2. Yamara says:

Vick’s in trouble, sure.

But it ain’t illegal in Flatland.

3. Klif says:

[quote]
    I believe that blue piece is made up of only 4 boxes, but what appears to be the 5th box is just the flaps hanging down.
    [/quote]

I thought so, too, by just looking at the screencap’d image. But if you watch the video, it’s definitely Pento-shaped.

I think you found the source of the argument.

I was there, it was part of the show, a complete surprise. The convention was held in the parking lot. That is the center of the convention area. One of the guys in tetris costume was the one in charge of the audio and stuff.

6. RacerX says:

I was thinking the same thing, and that maybe that was what the fight was about. The person in blue must be Michelle Madigan :P

7. Shawn Struck says:

@ Yamara:

I dunno. I mean, A. Square said right angles were okay, but you shift them just so, and they become pointy weapons!

(off topic comment: wow, what a small internet. I clink on the link, thinking “Hey, Yamara’s a fairly obscure user name, I wonder if it’s a fan of–” and then see where the link goes and “Aha! Iizak!”)

Any one notice that the videos don’t show the same fight?

9. markmarkmark says:

this reminds me a lot of the mega64 tetris video, (http://www.mega64.com/tetris.htm), only maybe just a little bit less funny.
    still fantastic though.

Michael Vick’s statement following his guilty plea in U.S. District Court to a Tetris-fighting conspiracy charge:

“I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up.

“I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player.

“I take full responsibility for my actions. For one second will I sit right here – not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I’ve done.

“I’m totally responsible, and those things just didn’t have to happen. I feel like we all make mistakes. It’s just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. And you know, those things, you know, just can’t happen.

“Tetris fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it.

“I’m upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that’s the right thing to do as of right now.”

– SCAM

11. David Jacobs says:

12. benbeltran says:

haha, funny. I remember something like this on Anime Expo 05.

Two dudes in tetris costumes, and a guy in a cardboard box costume that vaguely looked like a tetris piece were fighting. In the end they were using cardboard tetris as a shield/weapon.

Blue L won.

Does this happen a lot in cons? or was it inspiration from that incident maybe?

#1 that was staged, and one of them indeed had 5 squares.

#2 far more entertaining… Japanese gameshow, human tetris! Giant walls with impossible standing positions cut out that contestants have to squeeze through or fall in Nickelodeon oozewater. Hilarity.

14. Kyle Goetz says:

I think that is actually Tetris versus Pentris, ¿verdad?

The second link is even funnier, its is the second round of the match, but both Cosplayers are ambushed by the onlooking otakus … hilarious …