Labor Day lazy short linkage roundup

9 Responses to “Labor Day lazy short linkage roundup”

1. Seth E says:

I’ve said some, uh, not nice things about you guys before, but then you drop a link like the one of all the old photos and I remember exactly why I love you. Thanks. Be well. Hope it’s not *too* hot Xeni…

2. xadrian says:

Quechup go me and I hate myself for it. It actually came from a friend who’s known for promotion and social networking so it actually seemed on the level. I got suckered in to Ning just a few weeks ago.

Stupid me.

Problem is, it got my gmail list that has a group for an artists project and THAT just looks unprofessional.

Hate as hot as a thousand suns.

Michael I was just thinking about torrentspy and Puerto Rico. For once european imperialist ignorance is to us islanders advantage bwahahaha.
    P.S. Be careful though, PR IS under US federal jurisprudence…

4. ckd says:

Instead of buying microwave popcorn, I bought a Nordic Ware microwave popcorn popper. It’s really basic: take the bowl, put in popcorn and optionally a little oil, then zap it. I then throw a little salt-free lemon pepper or something on it for flavor.

Unpopped kernels are cheaper than the nuke-a-bags and don’t need to be prepackaged with “rich butter-oid goodness” or the like. The bowl’s less than $10, so the payback period isn’t too long.

5. Michael says:

On the Torrentspy thing — apparently Torrentspy doesn’t consider Puerto Rico part of the US, I can confirm from my undisclosed but southern location.

Interesting.

First photo is Carol Orsini’s (of game daily)wedding cake.

-alex@neatorama

“By the time you read this, there will probably be some news articles out about how evil they are. Until then, watch out.”

Umm, how exactly am I supposed to know to watch out before I read this?

9. Chris Covert says:

Quechup isn’t the first SNS to use this scheme for increasing its userbase. Tagged.com is another site that caused frustrations to echo across blogs. They basically did/do the same thing.

A previous commenter mentioned Ning, I imagine they do something similar.

Facebook offers the same ‘lend us your webmail login details and we’ll search your address book’ to search for new users.

Certainly there are arguments in favor of making the process easier, but if username/password are the only credentials you have to verify that you are the owner of X account on Y webservice, it strikes me that this is at best an unsafe practice that is quickly gaining ground.