Miro needs your donations to build the future of Internet video

14 Responses to “Miro needs your donations to build the future of Internet video”

Tried to donate $40.00 with a visa card but was only charged $1.00. Tried again to send $39.00 and was only charged another dollar. Nicholas you need to fix this script if you want to make your 50k goal.
    Best of luck
    Pat in Chicago.

2. musmon says:

I donated already …

3. musmon says:

I have donated already

This program had trouble importing my itunes library. It was also very clunky and slow. I really want it to work, but it just doesn’t for me on my mac.

Also worth mentioning, its based on XULRunner a “RIA” worthy of more attention (and a better name)

6. Michael says:

I downloaded Miro on the good word from the Boing-ers and I’ve been nothing but disappointed in it. Before they go asking for my money, they should make something that truly does all the things they say it does: scraping YouTube? What about all the videos I search for that don’t pop up? Is there some proprietary issue? As for the RSS, I was unimpressed. iTunes (which I dislike) had a more intuitive interface. And, despite their claims, it bogged down my system. Pretty significantly.

7. Dav says:

I’ve been using Miro for a month or so now on my living room TV. I’m about to pull the plug on my cable tv subscription. Between Miro and Joost there’s nothing else I need. Joost is slicker, but Miro gets great content (imho).

Miro is a great project, I’m definitely going to donate.

8. GaryInMiami says:

Does Miro support podcasts? For example, can I download and listen to TWiT on Miro? If so then I’m ready to do away with WMP and iTunes. Thanks.

how about an open source flash implementation for true cross-platform (not to mention 64-bit) goodness. until then, stop supporting youtube you retards.

10. Ramoni loves pictures says:

Good to see Miro being proactive. I think this is the right step to succeed in the crowded world of media players.

Also good to see that boingboing is promoting Miro, which is very kind, I think.

Yours Sincerely.

11. joe blough says:

i’ll give them money if they hire someone to add LIRC support to miro… this is a killer app for a HTPC but it wont work with my remote control!

12. Buns and Chou Chou says:

Support Miro, these guys rock!!

Donate to the VLC or FFMPEG projects instead since Miro would be worthless wihout them.

I tried Miro. It was a slow resource hog. Hype is counterproductive when the product does not measure up.

ME