Electronic bubblewrap toy

16 Responses to “Electronic bubblewrap toy”

1. Peter says:

But to me the reason for popping bubble wrap isn’t the sound, it’s the feel. Unless the gadget also replicates that, it’s useless.

2. billy says:

it’s useless anyway you slice it

3. CommieNeko says:

Something like this could destroy modern civilization.

4. ernie says:

What kind of packaging does this toy come in?

I actually have this device. It is quite addicting and helps prevent stress. It’s almost like the real thing too. It’ll cost you $10 bucks tho. I’m trying to figure out if it will prevent other OCD acts like cracking knuckles. BanDai actually made an American version. I got the Japanese one. The package it comes in is Hilarious on the Jap version, so is the commercial which can be found on the internet. There are people on crying with joy on it. I cant read anything on it tho =).
    To answer questions: It doesn’t know if it is on a train I have no idea what you are talkin about. If you want it off put the tab that blocked the battery on the back or just take out the batteries. This does not destroy civilization, besides nobody would chuck this into a landfill =). Just order it kthx

yeah the feel matters too! i’ve never tried it before but i think nothing can be better than the real thing!

7. Personman says:

How does it turn itself off on trains?

8. gyusan says:

Garbage like this does destroy modern civilization. Let’s see, we have a plastic injection factory, an electronics factory, a battery factory, a packaging factory, shipping, etc. for what? Five minutes of giggles? and then it gets chucked and all that shit goes straight into the ground. Can we get any more toxic industries involved in the manufacture of anything more useless?

I would never buy this! What a nightmare! Don’t get me wrong, I love popping bubblewrap, but I get the biggest feeling of satisfaction and content after FINISHING the wrap. But in the case of this little device, there will be no end!

10. Ian Holmes says:

Reminds me of Red Dwarf’s “tension sheet“…

11. Moltz says:

The Japanese for the sound is “puchi-puchi!” They probably have a special counter for hemispheres full of air.

I’ll always remember a metro ride in DC back in the late ’80s. I kept hearing this snapping sound and I finally turned around and there was this dude at the end of the car incessantly popping a big sheet of these suckers. For half an hour.

12. vrempire says:

I love playing with the original plastic when I have the chance to find one. I don’t have any idea who really get the idea to commercialized it based on the simple human behaviour. That guy must be a genius in disguise!!

13. vrempire says:

That guy who created this thing must be a genius for successfully commercializing product based on unthinkable simple human behaviour.

How does it know if it’s on a train?

15. strider_mt2k says:

There’s a great Palm OS application that does this as well, but I was never persistent enough with it to get any “bonus” sounds out of it!

The interesting part here is that this is a device that knows when it’s on the train and changes its behavior accordingly. How does it know?

Also, it seems like the japanese like their tech a bit more polite than we do in the states.