See-thru pinball machine

8 Responses to “See-thru pinball machine”

1. DragonPhyre says:

Darn! Now I have to take this off my list of things to invent when I get enough money.

Crap… And it was such a good idea too.

2. creesto says:

Huh. No doubt it IS beautiful to look at, but I wonder how this affects its playability? Seems like it would be pretty disctracting. Then again, 20 years ago, I had alittle help from Mother Nature when would play Xenon for 3 hours on one quarter back in Oxford Ohio. Ah, the good ol’ days when I had nothing better to do for an entire afternoon. {8¬)

3. chasie says:

It may be beautiful in person, but it takes away from the Mystery of Pinball.

Pinball is representative of the Good Old Days, all right. Having squandered most of my misspent youth playing pinball in the 70s and 80s, I really miss it sometimes. It’s impossible to find a decently-maintained machine anymore.

4. John H. says:

Now that’s awesome. Although doesn’t pinball lose something without the playfield art? Maybe if they made translucent decals of the original artwork….

5. rouftop says:

Hey, my parents have that pinball machine! Our favorite thing was to open it up, take off the glass and press all the bonus values by hand just to see how high of a score we could get. Or, better still, wait till your opponent was in the bathroom, hit a few buttons and close it fast.
    Great idea, making it transparent. Those things are fascinating.

6. vertigo25 says:

It’s weird hearing the word “legendary” applied to a business that is mere yards from my apartment.

7. guineapiglet says:

wow, interesting

8. Trish says:

Neat-ohh.

I would’ve especially loved this while waiting for my turn as a kid, back when I needed to stand on a milk crate to see anything. I remember putting my ear up to the sides thinking what? how? where?

I wonder if there’s any potential for some 3d action looking downward with the transparent design – like an extra layer with flippers, springs, gravity mixing with magnets.