Hand soap shaped like baby hands

14 Responses to “Hand soap shaped like baby hands”

1. tangerined says:

You could always buy them from this etsy seller as well, although they appear to be low on stock too.

Holy cow! Thanks Boing Boing! We have sold out, but we are getting more soap in soon!

- Jaime

3. sej says:

so gross! right up there with the baby cake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFx2hSkuWk8 (that i could have sworn also came from BB but i can’t find the link right now…)

4. abq halsey says:

makes it look that much bigger?

5. Tao says:

.. Am I the only one thinking Nazi Germany right away?

6. Kai Jones says:

Eww. Like a pedophile’s dream: “Give me baby hands to touch me!”

7. Pyros says:

Something disturbing there is about that. The hands bear a certain verisimilitude to real hands. I think the default impression that the brain has when it lights upon a disemodied hand or limb is to automatically register the idea that it has been severed.

8. jzwriter says:

Honestly, I find them a little scary too. Like all these creepy crawly hands reaching for you!

9. Tits McGee says:

This is almost unbearably awesome.

10. Teresa Nielsen Hayden/Moderator says:

But if you’re a little kid, needing to wash your hands, how strange and yet comprehensible.

11. OM says:

…There’s a lot of pervs out there who are just going to go apeshit over this one. It’ll be their equivalent of a phallic soap-on-a-rope!

12. Mark Frauenfelder says:

Comments 2,3,4 — Yikes. I’m glad my mind didn’t take those sad trajectories when I saw these soaps.

13. dewn says:

For all the people immediately jumping to conclusions about pedophiles wanting this soap– I’m not sure that’s how it works. I’m a heterosexual female. If there is soap shaped like detached male hands, am I going to be automatically aroused by this?

That said, I think they’re creepily cool.

i’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new handsoap – these are fantastic….quite beautiful….yes, obviously, a conversation piece, but most notably, the seemingly very few of us who can appreciate art CAN and DO recognize this as an artpiece. It will not be rubbed on my nipples, it will not be going in my “poopshoot” and it certainly will not entertain thoughts of pedophelia. THIS IS AN ARTPIECE you morons. I guess it just didn’t occur to me, as a sculptor myself, that there were so MANY morons who simply cannot or do not appreciate ART. And by the way….have any of you actually read a book lately?