Profile of Getting Things Done author

7 Responses to “Profile of Getting Things Done author”

1. Quent says:

GTD is so useful I often listen to the Audible version of the book in the background while working and driving. Very helpful stuff.

2. Bob Walsh says:

Cory,

How can you say, “I’ve modelled my whole productivity regime around its advice, particularly the list of pending actions from other people, which has saved me more time and money than anything I’ve done before.” and not rise to Allen’s defense when Wired does a hatchet job on him?

This story is nothing but a smear job by a magazine that long ago lost any claim of legitimacy; but you should know that letting this kind of journalism be taken as legitimate is wrong.

What if you were the CEO of X Corp, reading this article as your introduction to GTD? Would you want to engage Allen’s services? Would you trust anyone who was “in the cult”? Come on!

3. Mark Hurst says:

I know GTD works for some people, but I know many other people who find it overly complicated. I’m biased, but I’d recommend Bit Literacy instead – which Mark Frauenfelder wrote about here. It’s my book on managing email and information overload, and unlike GTD it’s based in bits – not in paper and file folders.

4. Dave X says:

Another one from WIRED… makes me wonder why I bother reading the magazine if it’s all going to be here two weeks later.

5. reliable says:

Now there’s a freaky coincidence… In the last few hours I’ve been sorting through some dusty old boxes of books and magazines as part of a spring clean and found a copy of GTD. I put it aside, planning to read it again in the next few days. Now knowing a little more about the author will make this just a little more interesting.

6. Kyle Armbruster says:

Reading that has been on my to-do list for months.

7. Ben says:

I love GTD, and would love to buy that man a beer.

Also love TimeTo software, which is designed to complement his system…

(note: I may love his advice, but I still have a hard time following it. As a procrastinator I am hard core.)