Video of very small German man laughing at a camel

15 Responses to “Video of very small German man laughing at a camel”

1. eli says:

It’s funny that you chose that part of the film, when the part about crucifying the monkey is much better. You can watch it here and even get some jpg stills:

2. mrfitz says:

Curiously, the sound seems post hoc.

3. goodknifeworks says:

Reminds me of Val Kilmer in Top Secret; “I know a little German. He’s sitting over there!”

4. hassan-i-sabbah says:

It was Stroszek that Curtis watched before his final swing, a much more depressing movie than Even dwarves….http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroszek

5. tyler the perfect child says:

Ian Curtis of the band Joy Division was playing this movie when he hung himself supposedly.

6. ticklemouse says:

As I recall, Ian Curtis was watching a different Herzog movie – Strozek – when he gone done himself in.
    The ending of the film (which would certainly make anyone contemplate the great hereafter) can be found below.

7. DoctorMantis says:

So does anybody else think that guy looks a lot like Mickey Rooney?

8. Greatmiddlewest says:

Man this is a great movie. My wife and I watched it last year at the recommendation of her professor, and we both really enjoyed it. Kind of disturbing and oddly beautiful at the same time.

Even Dwarfs Started Small is pretty out there even for Herzog. Real animals are really hurt in the movie, so by the time you get to the camel you’re just about sick, though apparently it wasn’t actually harmed. I saw Herzog speak at Ebertfest this year (where they showed Stroszek, which was the movie Ian Curtis allegedly watched before killing himself) and he seems like a sweet guy, which makes his movies even stranger.

10. BlackAndy says:

More Werner Herzog posts please. Here’s something to get you thinking:

“Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe”

11. BlackAndy says:

Found a link for (part of?) it on youtube:

Werner Herzog on images, TV, and shoes

It is a pretty weird movie. I found the monkey-crucification scene really disturbing and strangely touching.

this movie is great! at one point one of the characters hotwires a car and proceeds to jump on the hood. first instance of ghost riding the whip caught on film! here’s a video that a friend of mine made of this scene, complete with appropriate music. enojoy!

14. kaosdevice says:

You really didn’t have me untill crucified monkey.

Which really should be the name of a band.