Band releases album on "obsolete" 3.5" floppy disc

14 Responses to “Band releases album on "obsolete" 3.5" floppy disc”

1. ssaargent says:

how about a Scotch DC 300XL. I still have a few for novelty.

2. felsby says:

“trunkeret & ikonisk” is pure, unadulterated danish for “truncated & iconic”. They may be from the UK, but Jonas is from Denmark! http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2007/09/dude-releases-74-minute-album-on-single.html

3. Dave X says:

Uhhh… there’s a whole netlabel that does this– Floppy Swop: http://www.floppyswop.co.uk/

Get with it, Boing Boing!

4. Phos.... says:

Meh, PCPro.co.uk was only a month or so late with this story.

I guess their still keeping a ye olde magazine printer’s schedule?

5. flexatone says:

Forget 1.4 MB — Tristan Perich is a 1-bit minimalist.

6. jan says:

darn i wanted to do this once… maybe they could use a (dead cheap) 3.5 floppy drive as a case?

7. nex says:

Cory doesn’t read bb gadgets? o_O

8. Flying Squid says:

The band’s website has this awesome ly hilarious mp3 on it. I remember this speech used by Negativland in their song Michael Jackson. Man is it wild. Google the Church Universal Triumphant to find out who these loons are.

…and the movie Ghostbusters.

9. LOLcat Stevens says:

Well they don’t get my respect until they release their entire catalog on a 5.25″ disk full of chiptunes

And don’t go telling me that it would be too lo-fi. If it’s good enough for Timbaland to rip off, it’s good enough for primetime, i say…

10. Honeyschool Die says:

There’s a Toronto band called Garbage! Violence! Enthusiasm that released three songs on three 3.5″ floppies. The pack was called “Picard in Peril” and each song was about an episode of Star Trek where… well, you can guess the rest.

I can’t find any info about it online, but you can get it at Soundscapes.

11. Krisjohn says:

If they use the LS-240 FD32MB Superdrive’s 32MB format for 1.44MB floppies then they wouldn’t even have to do anything special with the music.

12. OM says:

…You know, I got a kick out of this one, but to be totally honest if you *really* want to impress me, release two more versions: one on a Hollerith deck, the other on Punch Tape :)

13. dculberson says:

They should really mess with people and release it in binary on audio tape.

TI 99/4a baby!! (or vic20 or …)

14. Alys says:

Would be interesting if I actually had a floppy drive…