Tree air freshener and whoopie cushion baby costumes

11 Responses to “Tree air freshener and whoopie cushion baby costumes”

1. Jacob Everist says:

Look at my baby’s elephant costume with it’s… ermm trunk!

My wife and I got this cute costume for our new baby’s first Halloween. Unfortunately, it comes with a not-so-subtle extra feature. I’m shocked by how detailed the extra feature is.

We complained to the company, BabyCenter.com, but have so far received no response. We’re quickly trying to get rid of this thing. Here is the same costume as advertised: http://store.babycenter.com/product/baby+clothing/halloween+boutique/0+-+6+months/elephant+newborn+costume.do?asc=false

2. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

Jacob, when I read that comment I thought you were probably being oversensitive. Then I looked at the photos.

Woo.

Only someone with an extraordinarily clean mind could have come up with that design.

3. Heather says:

While I found the above costumes funny, I really lost it when I saw the Peeps costume site’s adult couples costumes. The photo for the ‘lock and key’ costume is pretty funny:

4. NE2d says:

Those are adorable–especially the peep. It’s even cuter than my previous favorite: the chili pepper.

5. dirtdirt says:

I think it’s interesting that they (ostensibly) licensed the Little Trees design, but made up an inferior knock-off of the classic Whoopie Cushion design. The real one with the Margaret Dumont type as the victim and the little “pooh!” is so much better. I wonder who owns that…

6. Jacob Everist says:

My wife originally got our baby a chicken costume which I thought was kind of humiliating and did not approve. So she got this one instead. Now the chicken suit isn’t looking so bad.

Jacob :)

7. qole says:

Perhaps not so funny, but I’m partial to my Christmas Star and my Baby Elephant.

8. praise and coffee says:

Those are so funny!!

praiseandcoffee.blogspot.com

9. Patrick McNamara says:

These kids are going to be so embarrassed when they become teens. One is a fart creator and the other a fart supressor.

10. Crunchbird says:

re: the elephant costume:

The “tongue” may not be obvious on the web site photo, but it is definitely present … it just looks a LOT less testicular. I wouldn’t be surprised if the photographer saw exactly the same thing that you did, and desperately hunted for the only possible angle where the association wasn’t immediately obvious. Certainly the picture is deceptive enough that you should be able to get your money back from the site.

Honestly, though, don’t you think that the costume would still look pretty phallic even WITHOUT the tongue making the illusion complete? The trunk stands straight up, and it has a shiny pink satin knob at the end. I have a feeling you would have been nearly as uncomfortable with seeing your daughter wearing it even if that “extra” part hadn’t been on there.

11. Jacob Everist says:

I’ve now set up a rant blog about my daughter’s elephant penis costume.