Funny gift boxes from The Onion

10 Responses to “Funny gift boxes from The Onion”

1. Stefan Jones says:

Be sure to check out the older series of bauxes; I love the “Salt of the Month Club.”

Even more fun than putting a crappy gift in one of these would be putting in something really cool and appropriate, and including an envelope with the gift receipt inside “in case you have one already.” Then when the giftee brings the unopened item to the store for an exchange they’ll get to try to explain why they’re returning a USB Toaster with a receipt for an iPod. And hopefully figure out what’s going on before things get nasty.

2. loquacious says:

I want a visorganizer. It’s like a fanny pack with a bad attitude.

3. dansinch says:

Am I the only one not seeing the new boxes on the actual site?

4. nygadfly says:

I agree with #5 Loquacious: the Visorganizer actually looks useful. It harks back to the good old days when a newshound would store his press pass in the band of his fedora.

5. kaosdevice says:

Those completely rule. I’m going to snag a few for the hollidays.

6. MaximusNYC says:

The Visorganizer could be the next tacky baby-boomer accessory.

If someone actually made these, Wal-Mart would sell millions of them.

7. BronxBee says:

my very large family has for many, many years, been using boxes from other items to wrap gifts that have nothing to do with the box (“don’t believe the box” is our motto). if only we had known there was money to be made from it!

8. mrfitz says:

lol.

thanks onion

9. Stacyj says:

How very much fun! Although looking at their entire collection I must sadly admit that if I got that “Make Your Own Umbrella” box, I’d be woefully disappointed if that -wasn’t- what was inside …

10. Jesse M. says:

Wait, where do you find the ones shown in the post? When I go to the link I only see the USB toaster, salt of the month, and make-your-own-umbrella boxes.