KidRobot's Yo Gabba Gabba! hoodies

15 Responses to “KidRobot's Yo Gabba Gabba! hoodies”

1. Flying Squid says:

Please someone let hoodies stop being fashionable again. Please.

2. Scoutmaster says:

How can we even pretend to market shows to children in the US when the best scientific research indicates and experts agree that all TV is bad for kids, and not so good for adults either?

3. Dybbuk says:

Been watching this show since it started with my 3 1/2 yearolds they love it. the music is very refreshing. Since it isnt rooted in the folk music of my parents generation. It is a more polished and hipper version of Pancake Mountain. With time their production skill will meet their ambition.

4. Flying Squid says:

TV is bad for kids? I can’t speak for anyone else, but Sesame Street helped teach me to read and Mr. Rogers helped teach me compassion.

5. kaleidoscopexeyes says:

Oh my goodness. I just watched this show today for the first time ever and found it brain melting. That’s perfectly fine though. I was feeling pretty stressed out, and this show gave me a good laugh. :]

I was especially thrilled to see The Aquabats in this show!

6. Kevin D. says:

Fans of the Aquabats, fans of Evan Dorkin or Sarah Dyer, should check it out too, as there is an occasional Super Martian Robot Girl cartoon, or magic ska moment.

I have no kids, but try and watch it in 15 minute increments over a few days. This show would of been amazing when I was in college.

7. David Pescovitz says:

@Dybbuk (#10), Bong Bong? Did we launch a 4:20 blog that I’m unaware of? : )

8. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

Scoutmaster, what study was that?

9. Will says:

Don’t get me wrong, some of my best friends are TV shows, but a kid’s show that’s got Paul Frank’s mascot traipsing around on it has lost my sympathy entirely, no matter how many Biz Markies they throw at me. Might as well be a big, fat can of Coke out there, doin’ the twist.

Hipster commercialism is the same as all the rest. I grew up on television, I have no doubt that when I have children, they will watch it, too, and that there will be gold amongst the dross. But the experience has taught me the there is a lot of dross, and that most of the time I spent watching TV as a child was time utterly wasted.

10. Dybbuk says:

LOL …. Freudian slip

11. Jason says:

There is a party in my hoodie…

12. Dybbuk says:

FYI bongbong is Hipster commercialism….and thats not all bad

13. GRFrench says:

This show is great. Not to self promote, but there’s a post a/b it on my blog here.

14. wotthe7734 says:

Kenny: “YAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! i can has new hoodie wiht monster face. nao i can pwnz evry1 who evr meks me ded lol. k, hoody no has lief irl. but im in ur cartoons so hoody can has lief & pwnz mean evil basterd peepz if i want. neener neener. kbai.”