Decapitated doll head pencil sharpener

12 Responses to “Decapitated doll head pencil sharpener”

1. Stefan Jones says:

Make one, Mark!

You could probably score the head at Goodwill.

It would be hard to get the shavings to come out of the mouth, but having them drip out of the neck would be almost as creepy.

2. Bonnie says:

It would be even cooler if they could make replicas of the dolls with the metal teeth in the movie “Barbarella” to sharpen pencils!

3. David B. says:

Genius! There are a number of public figures that I would like to impale with a blunt object…

I see several shopping and weekends of at the craft table ahead of me.

4. Stacyj says:

Darn it, ever since I saw that pencil sharpener via a Metafilter post a little while back it’s been taunting me with is unavailability … oh how I wish they’d re-issue the blasted thing! Mark, if you DO end up making something similar for your daughter, I most highly hope you’d publish the how-to … pretty please =)

I’m sorry… can’t help myself… but I HAVE to split a hair or two. There’s no such thing as a decapitated head – only a decapitated body. Unless we’re in some kind of anti-matter universe where you can remove the head from a head and still have something left. Like I said, sorry! Boing Boing rules, but I’m an editor with buttons and this pressed it…

6. gpeare says:

Are the Night Gallery shows out on DVD? I was just thinking about this episode the other day. One of the creepiest ever!

7. Andrea says:

Oh my god, that episode scared the bejesus out of me when I was a kid! And so did the one about the painting of a graveyard that changes to show an old man climbing out of his grave to get the relative who killed him.

Oh man, that episode is one of my all time red letter TV shows, in that it’s one of the few instances where a TV show actually frightened me. And I’ve had some other people tell me the same thing about that episode too.

This is so disturbed it’s brilliant again. I think I could grind down three whole pencils and still would have this twisted grin of amusement on my face.

10. Chris says:

Better a Living Dead Dolls pencil sharpener than a Bratz doll.

11. cynthetiq says:

I’ve been collecting Living Dead Dolls for years, and that sharpener has been hard to find! Her name is Sadie btw.