Google Sketchup for Dummies

8 Responses to “Google Sketchup for Dummies”

1. darsal says:

Unfortunately though, SketchUp is one of the few Google apps that isn’t offered in a working Linux version. I tried it under Wine, but it complains about my display and won’t run.

That’s not a total showstopper for me, but it’s not important enough for me to fire up the legacy Windows box very often. It’s not like it’s Lightroom or anything…

2. BSUWG says:

Kind of funny that anyone figured a “for dummies” book was necessary for SketchUp. The whole point of the program itself is to serve as more or less a “3D for Dummies” kind of thing. I don’t mean that as a criticism, either; SketchUp rocks! When you first run the program and spend an hour with the tutorials, you’ve already mastered pretty much everything.

3. sexyrobot says:

does this work with second life? (i.e. can you import 3d items from sketchup to sl?) that’d be cool…

4. Burz says:

Sketchup is ambrosia!

Its a shame Google don’t have a release yet for Linux, though.

5. Büromöbel addicted says:

interesting. i never heard before about google sketchup i think i give it a try and play a little bit around with it, a nice tutorial has Aidan delivered :)

6. BK says:

I agree that the Dummies book is excellent. There are some additional blog entries and videos on the Fine Woodworking website that nicely complement Chopra’s book and videos.

7. brettreasure says:

Nup, doesn’t work in Second Life. You’re stuck with parametric geometry. Everything else generates too many prims when you import it.

8. Ssslonkey says:

yo peeps, make sure you also check out go-2-school.com for some really great sketchup stuff…. podcasts, dvds, forums. excellent sketchup training resource. dig!