Vibrating Bluetooth bracelet helps you get the phone

18 Responses to “Vibrating Bluetooth bracelet helps you get the phone”

1. Dillenger69 says:

Proximity vibrating alert when mobile is more than 5m away.
    This is almost worth it alone.

now … if if it could only be done the other way around and have a “hot/cold” mode to help you find your phone after you’ve set it down the night before. The closer you get, the harder or more frequent the buzz pulses get until you find your phone. (not sure if bluetooth has a signal strength API in the spec)

2. hpavc says:

I would love to have such a thing that just worked from a bt adapter and perl script. Most of my paging is done like this and its annoying. The phone aspect is not a winner for me.

Just some perl and a bt adapter.

3. Lizzle says:

It’s unfortunate that it looks a bit like something the police have slapped on you to make sure you stay under curfew – but a nice idea.

4. Michiel says:

shackles of the need to be “on” continuously.

it’s rubbish. You’ll be fine calling back later if you’ve missed a call.

5. Esther Sassaman says:

arrrggh… WANT! And you boingboingers have sold it out!

(actually I’d like a bluetooth vibrating small stone-shaped metal-backed thing embedded in a conventional bracelet of some sort..maybe Apple could make one?)

6. GmanUK101 says:

aaah, this device(it appears) depends on the user having their phone actually turned on. I see the vital flaw. I would get one for my girl however like her phone it would remain in the darkest regions of her bag, only to appear after 7pm and 42 missed calls and texts asking if she would like Foo Fighters tickets but must let me know now.

peace to all

G

7. JackCastile says:

To GMANUK101

“(p.s the foo fighters tickets are fictional, replace with your favourite band/performer)”

Don’t you mean “foo fighters” tickets is a variable.

Sorry, too many programming classes.

8. JackCastile says:

Why don’t they just put the whole phone on the wrist?

9. bitbox says:

Thinkgeek is also carrying the bracelet.

As for having the whole phone on your wrist, it’s been done. Here is one variant, though, that is in between:

FWIW.

10. Landowner says:

A vibrating ring huh? I know where I’ll keep mine.

11. rerutled says:

Cory says: “About half the people I call regularly miss most of their calls because they don’t hear or feel the ringer.”

Actually, Cory — and I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this — they’re avoiding you.

12. Earth Man says:

Might as well add “talk” and “listen” features so you can determine what the call is about. And available Bluetooth headset, for when you’re not wearing the bracelet.

13. owenblacker says:

I got one of these for Christmas (from my fabulous girlfriend, who is also addicted to BoingBoing).

Having Caller-ID on it would be nice, but my only complaint about it would be that not all phones tell it to vibrate with a text message, which would be useful — mine (Nokia N73) doesn’t.

Oh, and I can never work out how to resize wrist-worn appliances and have teeny tiny wrists ;o)

But it definitely is pretty cool. And made my fellow geeks at work “ooh” and “aah”.

14. techiepage says:

15. dr.hypercube says:

Nice! Also – add a caller ID display so you can determine whether you even care about digging the phone out.

16. Tgg161 says:

But will it help you find your phone buried at the bottom of your bag before you miss the call?

17. Scoutmaster says:

Are you sure that’s the reason they don’t answer your calls?

18. Earth Man says:

Holding out for a Bluetooth suppository.