Today in my ongoing series of photos from my travels: Snoopy and Lucy Banana Milk-flavored popcorn, for sale at the giant Peanuts store across the street from the Harajuku train station in Tokyo. Link

10 Responses to “Peanuts banana-milk popcorn in Tokyo”

1. Cory Doctorow says:

You need to accept the fact that Japanese have different ways of celebrating their favorite comics.

They also dress differently, listen to different music, use a different language, sit differently, and even curse different Gods.

Is dancing in the streets really the best you can come up with?

Maybe time to drop the blog and start looking around a little more…

2. js7a says:

That sounds pretty good to me, really. Don’t tell us that you didn’t taste it, Cory?

3. enfueggo says:

That sounds VERY good to me. I love banana milk and it’s hard to come by anymore, but banana milk flavored popcorn with Snoopy on the bag!? Damn.

Once I got a canister of it from England on Ebay, but searching now all I come up with is “MILK seasoning***BANANA TASTE*** JAPAN”.

Though I found out Wal-mart sells a version of it and that’s where I get it from now.

4. raya says:

@2: I don’t know about ebay, but it looks like it’s possible to buy banana milk popcorn on the internet from Japanese sites. Just doing a quick google search, here’s a page. Looks like they only sell it by the case though, and that’s pretty expensive. Not to mention the bother of trying figure out whether they ship overseas. And it’s not in a Snoopy bag anyway. Maybe Wal-mart is the better option.

5. Squashy says:

So, Cory Doctorow is in my neighbourhood? Though the chances of actually spotting him are close to zero, even if he is wearing his cape and goggles.

6. Ester Beatriz says:

That must be tasty… I like bananas…

7. Shrdlu says:

Right sexy!

8. License Farm says:

Just finding out that there’s a Peanuts store in Akihabara has made my need to visit there all the more pressing. Why do the Japanese get one but we don’t? (We don’t, do we?)

9. DGHilton says:

Come on Cory, you need to accept the fact that Japanese eat things with different flavours.

Is banana flavoured popcorn really the best you can come up with?

Maybe time to drop the cape, remove the goggles, and start looking around a little more…