Papercraft AK47 assault rifle

8 Responses to “Papercraft AK47 assault rifle”

1. macegr says:

Interesting that this paper AK-47 is only $120 less than the price of the real thing in Africa.

2. RugerRedhawk says:

How can they be $150 in Africa and so much more in the US?

3. lawnmowerdeth says:

@Rugerredhawk: Because pages upon pages of BATFE rules and laws have severely limited how these can be imported into the U.S., artificially raising the price.
    Also, this would be for semi-automatic only. No full-automatic weapons may be imported to the US. And these $150 ‘African’ rifles are most likely fully-automatic.

4. klg19 says:

Great. I can’t wait until some kid builds one of these, paints it appropriate colors, and then gets shot by cops who think it’s the real thing.

5. zuzu says:

Or, you could locate (or learn to be) a machinist and Make ™ one yourself.

6. KK says:

in albania, back in 1997 You could buy the real ones for $5…how % cheaper is this comparing to the paper one?

7. zuzu says:

@6 KLG19

I can’t wait until some kid builds one of these, paints it appropriate colors, and then gets shot by cops who think it’s the real thing. Sorry, I just find this irresponsible. But then I live in a city where this kind of senseless shooting happens more often than it ought–which is never.

as opposed to the irresponsibility of trigger-happy police shooting kids and a legal system which fails to convict its own for causing those deaths?

or were you really suggesting blaming the victim? I suppose women who dress provocatively should expect to be raped too?