Woman ticketed after goats caught mating

23 Responses to “Woman ticketed after goats caught mating”

1. ill lich says:

HA HA HA HA HA !!! Oh, that’s rich!

I can imagine the police trying to arrest a couple of squirrels mating on the town green. Or the pigeons that relieve themselves regularly everywhere in public.

I guess nobody is allowed to walk their dog “in public”?

It’s only illegal if they’re kids.

3. anachronismo says:

wow thats backwards.

4. hjo3 says:

It’s also against law for them to relieve themselves in public

What the hell are you supposed to do when you walk your dog? Carry a collapsable privacy screen?

I can’t believe this kind of idiocy goes on in Oklahoma of all places…

5. Stefan Jones says:

” . . . it is illegal for any two animals to have sex in public , . . ”

So a three-way would have been OK?

6. Hamish says:

>Cty lw sd t s llgl fr ny tw nmls t hv sx n pblc wthn Dbbl cty lmts.<

Tht’s K. Th ks cn’t hv sx thr f ths s th lw. KNW ks r nmls!

7. Jship says:

So, you’re saying, seriously, that it’s illegal for animals to dribble in Dibble?

8. Xenu says:

Why should the owners be responsible? They should ticket the animals.

9. grey says:

Love the spunky comment by the goats’ owner. Having driven through rural Oklahoma a few times, I’m surprised that the people there don’t have a more laid back take on things like this. It was like Amsterdam’s red light district for cows, at least the parts I drove through.

10. JamesMason says:

“I am slightly, and only slightly, more appalled by the Alleged Celebrity Atheist slide show linked at the bottom of the page.”

What is the definition of “Atheist”?

I’m not trying to be clever, I’m genuinely curious how that list was compiled.

And I will go so far as to say that I am MORE appalled that a list of “alleged atheists” is newsworthy.

11. Cpt. Tim says:

reality is so uncouth.

12. Dave Hecht says:

It’s refreshing to see this kind of thought in Oklahoma:

“I kind of thought if anyone was caught having sex in public, it could have been me,”

It kills me that she had to fight this on a technicality.

13. agnot says:

Now we know where gated communities come from.

14. agnot says:

cayton@#16

The neighbors had apparently been bickering over it for some time.

Ah, it’s the ever-growing problem of the well-off moving to the countryside and complaining that the farmers stink.

15. bour3 says:

Th pblc bstl sx nd p vn n prvt prprty wr. t’s n!

16. Foolster41 says:

I want to know why police are wasting their time on this crap, pulling over people to give them a coffee and not doing things like, i don’t know arresting criminals. Are police just bored from lack of crime? I suppose I can’t complain if that’s the case.

17. thereal says:

Actually, it should be illegal to have a town named DIBBLE!

18. Borat says:

I like a-sex. Very nice!

19. fredblotnic says:

I happen to live in Oklahoma and Dibble is the only town according to the original story that has a silly ordinance like that. Sometimes in Oklahoma they neglect to take old laws of the law books. Then all it takes is to piss off a neighbor and have them know the ordinance exists to get a ticket like that.

20. Subvertia says:

Okay. I have to say that not *All* of us Oklahomans are as backwards as we appear.
    Second, I believe there is a daycare in the Dibble High School, but no sex education courses.
    Also, I think it’s still legal for humans to relieve themselves in public, only after having had sex on the lawn…

21. cayton says:

I heard about this at work a few days ago(I’m from Oklahoma). The neighbors had apparently been bickering over it for some time. The neighbor found an old law that was created as the city was expanding. Kind of a ‘Please keep your cattle out of Main St.’ The lady lives out in the middle of nowhere, but a more recent law puts her just within city limits. Hence the ticket. Kind of a jerk thing to do, in my opinion…not that I approve of goat procreation in my front yard either.

22. Blackbird says:

Maybe a law should be passed making it ‘illegal’ for someone to look up an old ‘unenforced’ law or by-law for the express purpose of ‘gettin a neighbour’. I believe there is already a good term used for what this person did…Harassment.

23. Halloween Jack says:

Odd, I thought that Oklahoma was still recovering from a natural disaster. Nice to know that they can go back to fussing over silly shit like this again. Maybe they can pass a law forbidding towns from having silly names like “Dibble”.