New SF blog

11 Responses to “New SF blog”

1. Jeff says:

“Ken MacLeod has another term for io9ers. He calls them rapture fuckers.”

How nice for Macleod. If you have to use the F-word to describe what sounds like Gnosis, or some other kind of spiritual high, then you probably have no respect for altered states of mind in general. Pretty ironic coming from an sf writer.

2. jjasper says:

Jeff, you really don’t have much knowledge of real live science fiction writers if you think it’s ironic that they don’t have your desired respect for altered states. How many writers do you know?

3. Michael R. Bernstein says:

Hmph. Cory, your enthusiasm aside, so far the site looks like it is about less actual SF (as opposed to movies and TV) than, say, BoingBoing.

Nevertheless, I’ve subscribed. I’ll give them a month at least.

4. LB says:

The first real posts start in September, BTW, but it’s mostly just filler for a while (as they were jsut testing the system).

5. salsaman says:

A blog needs a badly written fictional back story as much as it needs cut scenes and Happy Meal tie-ins. Interesting links though.

6. LB says:

When the hell did they launch? I thought I’d look over all their posts, and uh, so far I’ve hit November with no end/beginning in sight.

I know it’s crazy to try and look at everything, but if they just launched, it should have been easy, right?

7. michaelk says:

I want to like Gawker, except their odd comments “auditioning” policy gets in the way.

8. Warren Camishen says:

nt! scnc fctn s cl. my fv sc-f wrtr s Phlp Dck / hrmn hss s gd, t

9. Warren Camishen says:

– PS – -

CRY D: *fnny, smrt nd rrvrnt*

s t gd t dvrts yr nw blg s RRVRNT?

smtms thngs dvrtsd s “rrvrnt” RN’T CLS t bng rrvrnt – lk th 14th ssn f Strdy Nght Lv ws sppsd t b rrvrnt nd t rlly wsn’t – t ws jst ywn-fst

pls – sn’t scnc fctn (s whl) rrvrnt? thrfr, t b smwht rgnl t mght b prdnt t b rvrnt (whn t cms t scnc fctn)

10. jbang says:

I quite like the irreverent stylings of Gawker blogs over, say, Weblogs.. which run it a bit more dry.

Just had a good read through the last few pages of i09, and it’s made it into the feed. Thanks for the tip!

11. Chris Griswold says:

I have tried to like io9, but every time I go there, I get spoiled on something I am interested in. They really need to learn to keep spoilers to cuts and out of headlines. It’s pretty disconcerting, and I am steering clear.