Hollywood insider webcomic: Don't Forget to Validate Your Parking

12 Responses to “Hollywood insider webcomic: Don't Forget to Validate Your Parking”

1. historyman68 says:

Writing webcomics online isn’t exactly the same as being paid to write movies and screenplays. For one thing, one’s online… oh, I see.

2. License Farm says:

Two other great comics about going through the Hollywood rigamarole are Fortune & Glory and Total Sell-Out by Brian Michael Bendis (Avengers, Powers, Ultimate Spider-Man, about half the books Marvel publishes nowadays). At various points his and Marc Andreyko’s graphic novel Torso, about Eliot Ness in the days after Prohibition tracking one of the earliest American serial killers, has been optioned for film, and it’s yet to be realized because of Tinsel Town’s lunacy.

3. historyman68 says:

Not to get all technical, but one big difference between this and My Fighting Technique is that this is a lot more character-driven, whereas MFTIU is more of a Op-Ed/Gag-based strip. The main similarity seems to be that it is clip-art based, and that it is based around one particular topic, such that it may appeal to more than just a webcomic audience.

Um, hm. Didn’t mean to sound like a know-it-all right there.

4. jomama123 says:

Check out my WGA strike comics and more comics at Scene4 Magazine. Elliot

5. serafinapekkala says:

This is great. Reminds me of “The TV Set,” a movie by Hollywood baby Jake Kasdan about the whole writer-trapped-in-LA lifestyle, with Sigourney Weaver as the crazy loathsome network president. Good stuff.

6. markhgn says:

If you like this then check out ‘Conversations with my Agent’ by Rob Long (Amazon US or Amazon UK).

7. Jeff says:

Is there any good reason to be a TV/movie writer? I understand the draw, but no one ever says, “Gosh this is a great way to make a living.” Or maybe they do and I’m not reading that.

Jeff

8. Jillybeanies says:

I don’t think I’d call this guy a “Hollywood Screenwriter”. He’s never actually written anything. Funny comics though. He should work on that.

9. WTF Pancakes says:

Filing technique, love.

10. OM says:

…You know, if the writers can go out and find other writing gigs during the strike, then the studios should be able to hire scabs with impunity. Fair’s fair, right?

11. twig says:

two different books, pancakes.

12. Xiguli says:

The First Time I Got Paid for It is a fun look at various views on writing for movies and television.

This guy is funny. (Why can I not escape The Pina Colada song, wherever I go?) “Last night I snorted meth off a dead tranny’s ass behind Circus of Books and and then rammed my car into an In & Out. Write an article about me.”