UK Church of the Jedi

15 Responses to “UK Church of the Jedi”

1. Brainspore says:

Good rule of thumb: Don’t join any new cults started by guys named “Jones.” It might be fun and games now, but you know sooner or later the leaders are going to freak out and order their flock to fall on their lightsabers.

2. Takuan says:

“OK everybody, now line up and drink your Mountain Dew”

3. Takuan says:

are they tax exempt?

4. kuanes says:

does George Lucas receive subsidies from their soon-to-be meager coffers?

5. Takuan says:

mmmm, good point; when does divine revelation trump copyright? If have a vision that the Jedi Way is the one true faith, does freedom of religion absolve me of paying Lucas?

Seriously, look at $cientology, all the other rackets (organized religions).They uniformly have no rational basis but are protected anyway.

Tax them all I say. Like any other vice.

6. Jeff says:

Why not. It’s part of our modern mythology and can be used as a mystical platform on which to build a disaplin, of sorts. I imagine that all you would have to do is live like a monk and speak with Star Wars lingo.

May the Force be with you

7. Rick. says:

Just when I start to think that I’m a huge nerd, someone comes along and makes me look like George Clooney.

8. Michael Brutsch says:

It’s good to see they are serious about being a “real” religion; identifying those who must be excluded because of their heretic beliefs is always a necessary first step.

9. acb says:

Although the current members are all men, women are not excluded, as Barney Jones points out: “Princess Leia helped them out a lot.”

They don’t say…

10. MarlboroTestMonkey7 says:

It’s all expected as the evil empire of Scientology and Tom Vader will fall under the onslaugh of the dual might of Barney and Daniel.

11. UrinalPooper says:

*yawn*

Let me know when the First Church of the Sith is opening.

12. Trent Hawkins says:

I’m guessing that Chastity will not be an issue for Jedi priests.

13. Webbie says:

I’m a Jedi and so’s my wife.

Nobutseriously I am.
    Put “Jedi” down as my religion on the 2000 Census I think it was ?
    Me and a couple of million others.

Hey I’m in the States now so maybe I should set up a branch here.

If Cruise and his mates can…

14. Takuan says:

nor a vow of poverty

15. Jeff says:

There are female Jedi. But chaste you must be! The Jedi must give all of him/herself to the Order. There is no time or place for sex and romance! The utter distruction of the Sith is obviously one of the Order’s goals. And Rick, I think you have more of a Colin Farrell thing going. Not so much George Clooney.