Dodd's 30-minute anti-wiretapping barn-stormer -- video

14 Responses to “Dodd's 30-minute anti-wiretapping barn-stormer -- video”

1. Rotwang says:

It’s a pity he gave that speech to an empty room; floor speeches are now strictly for TV and for the Congressional Record. All debating (and by ‘debating’ I mean Horse-Trading) takes place behind closed doors.

Mod: sorry, I posted this comment to the wrong thread earlier.

2. Trent Hawkins says:

“It’s a pity he gave that speech to an empty room”

From what I’ve seen on the Canadian side, this is a good thing. I’ve seen parliament speeches and the people that attend are total asses. Half of them are asleep and the ones that are not are busy booing and heckling the speaker.

3. sonny p fontaine says:

@ #10 trent hawkins
    “Wow, he sounds a lot like General “Buck” Turgidson (Dr.Strangelove)…”
    i must have totally picked that up aurally because during the the whole piece “mine shaft gap” kept bouncing around my skull.

4. SeattleGuy says:

We really shouldn’t let the telcos get away with this. We need to support Dodd and Impeach Bush & Cheney.

5. iburl says:

Dodd for Senate Majority Leader. He’s earned it, and Halfass Harry has to go.

6. zuzu says:

Is Dodd sure he’s a Democrat? He appears to have a spine.

He even used the phrase “false dichotomy“!

Maybe Connecticut has some kind of Senatorial equilibrium requirement, and Dodd has to balance out the psychotic Neo-Con AIPAC jackbooted bloodlust of Joe Lieberman.

7. sonny p fontaine says:

what an amazingly eloquent and level headed presentation. this is truly a wonderful thing. thank you cory.

8. gnoodles says:

Way to go Sen. Dodd. If the other Dems had half the spine that you do, we’d probably have President Pelosi by now.

9. noen says:

Dodd is going to have to filibuster. Wouldn’t it be nice if Hilary and Obama would join him and support the rule of law? You can’t buy that kind of PR.

10. aperryz says:

yeah dodd! Kick ass! I’m getting on the phone right now!

11. mrfitz says:

One, I mean only one, ridiculous thing about this is that even if telecoms are prosecuted, the people at the top walk away with huge bonuses while the taxpayer bails out the company.

12. Jeff says:

Cory said, “…and play with the hedge fundies before they all commit seppuku.”

Don’t worry, no one is going to kill themselves because they lost a few billion fun bucks. Hedge funds gather money from people that –can– afford to lose it. It’s gambling. And the funds managers know (cause a few are my pals) there is so much money out there, and so much greed, that it won’t be long before the pot is full again with capital. And lets not even get started with private equity money!

13. Gainclone says:

If I call John Kerry, am I gonna get his cell phone number? CAN I TELL HIM THAT HE FORGOT POLAND!?

14. Trent Hawkins says:

Wow, he sounds a lot like General “Buck” Turgidson (Dr.Strangelove)… but sane.
    Where has this guy been hiding? He’s a great speaker and I wish he’d get more screen time.