1. The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.Link (via Charlie!)
3. For most of their lives, major U.S. airlines have been bankrupt.
12. Smoking has never been permitted on U.S. airlines.
23. Bar codes have always been on everything, from library cards and snail mail to retail items.
33. They have no idea why we needed to ask "...can we all get along?"
(Photo: teen requisite, a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike photo from Vidrio's Flickr stream)
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.