Steampunk Magazine issue 4

10 Responses to “Steampunk Magazine issue 4”

1. Vorple says:

The article on Victorian hallucinogens is the first time I’ve seen a modern work state that Wormwood and alcohol creates a narcotic. Is there a name and molecular model for this narcotic that is formed when wormwood is added to alcohol?

2. Vorple says:

3. Antinous says:

Absinthium?

4. Takuan says:

its jest thujone mon, gimme a anudeer sugarlump

5. Vorple says:

Ah, ok. I disagree with the article, then. Haven’t seen solid evidence that thujone is a narcotic.

6. Takuan says:

funny that, absinthe over a sugar lump spoon, first LSD on a cube…

whoaaaa! flash-forward man!

7. Takuan says:

a little sensory deprivation, a little axphixia, a little victorian sexual perversion… ah yass.. culture

8. Foolster41 says:

I was happy to see the cover art is by Shoomlah, who I’m a fan of and watch on deviantart.

My favorite article in this issue is the one on making a Jacob’s ladder (No, not the wood toy.) I almost want to try to make one, but I’m a bit afraid to try. (Understandibly, I think considering it involves quite a bit of electricity!)

9. Foolster41 says:

So today I printed out the rest of volume 1 and all of volume 2 at the local library (for no cost to me). It just seemed so approperiate considering the topic of the magazine. :)

I used 11×17. I couldn’t do double sided there, but I just folded the pages bakc and front alternitivly and it turned out very well.

10. LightningCrash says:

>>ailments. What is less known is that they orientation”

a little editing, please?