High-end skateboard furniture

14 Responses to “High-end skateboard furniture”

1. bertin01 says:

LOL…

If you want to see cool skate decks Check out the Skate Deck Show taking place at Columbia College Chicago March 6 – April 2

Click on the link and scroll down to reSESSION

Cute! Great idea; expensive though.

3. doublethink says:

4. Anselm says:

Aw, hell no! I’m all in favor of people mix-and-matching subcultures, but this is outrageous. Skateboarding has always been an outlaw sport, and as such was -and is- popular among children, students, urban populations and people who need to entertain themselves on the cheap. Skateboarding is a sport that has long fostered innovation, skate culture-focused small-business entrepreneurship and a strictly utilitarian culture. Taking that sport and exploiting it to make high-priced fashion furniture is an affront to skateboards and skateboarding culture.

Gah. I might be a yuppie, but at least try I keep it real! If I wanted a skateboard deck chair, you can bet your ass I’d make my own, from used decks.

5. netposer says:

DOUBLETHINK said “Interesting design. But I would never sit in that chair, grip tape is a great way to shred fabrics. I can imagine easing down into it, and then shifting a tiny bit and ruining my clothes.”

That’s not grip tape, that’s upholstery material with padding over the actual skate decks. Plus that’s the bottom of the decks and not the top where you put the grip tape.

6. Mike8787 says:

I was just about to share this with my roommate, and then I realized he might buy something and thought better of it. It’s amusing, but I’ll avoid any real board bookcases if I can, thanks.

7. M says:

As cool as it looks (tee hee) I really cant see many people wanting to pay 4 grand for the chair

8. kevin says:

last summer one of my friends made a blanket out of skateboards, beating this craze to the punch… he might have been drunk though.

9. erindipity says:

Duuude, I love the clock.

10. zenhammond says:

Low brow has become high brow.

11. adammetal says:

Peeeeeyeeeew! the woosification of skateboarding has gone to far. Skateboards are supposed to be worn down to a nub, and then you’re supposed to be desperately scrounging for enough $ to get a new deck. I haven’t ridden in a long time, but I feel like a famine victim looking at a furniture made of sandwiches.

I love this stuff. Skateboard products are very cool when done right. There is an affordable product that is amazing on http://www.skateboardlamps.com. I bought a kit and built my own lamp. It was so easy and looks so good. Everyone who sees it comments on it. I tell them I made it myself.

Skatedude.