Biggie Hendrix Experience

16 Responses to “Biggie Hendrix Experience”

1. holotone says:

Mirror? The official link is getting _hammered_.

2. scottfree says:

any mirror sites? I think the server may not like me.

3. McKenzie says:

I’ll seed it for a while if there is a .zip somewhere I can turn into a .torrent

-mck

4. mikabreto says:

Hendrix was remixed in the 90′s by the DJ production team known as The Beautiful People. They had a whole map of the sample origins on their CD booklet. I remember it as a very danceable and respectful album. I’ve since lost it.

5. Bman says:

the doc roc link is his myspace you can get it easy from there

6. Crunchbird says:

Why doesn’t Jimi get an R.I.P.? He died nearly as young, and equally tragically/idiotically . . .

7. rongenre says:

URL for the album (found on myspace, yay BMAN) is http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/bttikg

8. cycle23 says:

all i can say is i like B.I.G., i like jimi, but that cocaine mix is t3h crapstar.

why would anyone want to listen to one riff for 5 minutes straight? didn’t vanilla ice already cover that ground?

9. CitrusFreak12 says:

Hmm. Listened to this mix, and the whole thing just sounds very jejune and uninspired. Disappointing, really.

10. JimmyJames says:

Isn’t the song labeled Cocaine actually Jimi’s cover of Sunshine of Your Love by Cream?

11. manpanties says:

did Paul Pope design that cover?

12. Chocolatey Shatner says:

Is it just me, or does the artwork look like Al Sharpton if he started pimpin’?

13. futurpunk says:

I also recommend my friend’s “Tha Killa Beez Experience” for any Wu-Tang fans. Give his Hey Joe mix a listen, it’s definitely one of my faves.

14. wrybread says:

I agree with Cycle23. I love each artist, and love the way they mix together, but the mixer could have done a *much* better job of showcasing Jimi.

My $.02 is there’s a real appreciation here for Biggie, most of his best songs are here, but not much for Jimi. All the Jimi songs are really obvious, and there’s rarely more than a bar repeated over and over.

That’s not to say I don’t like this, it’s great. But could be greater.

15. TheGoldphish says:

While I have respect for this DJ as a big booty fan/DJ myself, Cocaine is actually a song by J.J. Cale released in 1976 (6 years after Jimi Hendrix’s death).