Mapping post-election violence in Zimbabwe

8 Responses to “Mapping post-election violence in Zimbabwe”

1. scotchcat says:

Just wanted to say this is of PRE-Election violence.

As far as I know there isnt’t a mashup of post election violence yet. If anyone wants to help them, I am sure they would be happy. A system was developed for Kenya and you could probably develop it, host on a server in Joburg so phonecalls to it aren’t to expensive, and even donate to pay for its hosting and reimburse people for telephone calls.

In Africa it is relatively simple to pay for airtime for someone else and they will know how to do it.

Any further information you need, I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

The Kenyan mashup is here.

2. Bryan Price says:

Damn it, you beat me to it, conservationist!

3. ViolettVerq says:

Good and important work.

Always very interesting aswell: Emergency and Disaster Information Service.

4. Conservationist says:

The West can’t afford to take a “my shit don’t stink” attitude toward corruption of democracy. It’s here too.

5. Bottlekid says:

“Are we going to get a map like that for the 2008 elections in the USA? We’re going to need it.”

Maybe the Global Incidents Map will cover that.

maleextra,Thanks a lot for your assistance! .

7. slapphappe says:

Ummm, the map clip you’re featuring with this story is largely of Zambia, not Zimbabwe! Zim is South of the river — which would be a better choice to illustrate this story.

8. crankyphotographer says:

Just when I thought all your 4/1 posts were going to have large headphones in them, you have to be serious.

But this _is_ serious, and I am glad that you are one of the folks paying attention, and bringing it to our attention. If there were no BoingBoing and BBC I would think that the most important thing on April Fools’ Day was figuring out how to make all my office phones ring at once.