Clockwork cufflinks

11 Responses to “Clockwork cufflinks”

1. Moon says:

Not only rip up the cuffs, but if you are swinging your arms, you could rip your pants or your suit coat.

Not worth it to ruin a $1000 suit.

Also, most cufflinks I’ve seen start at about $30.

For $125 you can get these in sterling silver.

2. cenglish says:

These aren’t bad but I was really hoping for the “Clockwork Orange” set.

3. clothingoptional says:

It would be cool if the gears still churned (they don’t according to the Etsy page). I suspect they’d have to be under glass though or else they’d chew up your clothes.

4. strider_mt2k says:

I was thinking the same thing.
    The effect would be subtle, but very very cool.

5. clothingoptional says:

@strider_my2k yeah, I’m thinking that it will be a nice touch in my next steampunk story. :)

6. FatherSquid says:

Ha! Got mine at a Church Rummage sale for $0.50
    They’re not quite as nice as the $50 pair, but for the price, I can’t complain.

7. Paul Maurice Martin says:

I don’t know, guys…

Speaking personally, and maybe I really shouldn’t, my digital dexterity has always made even just buttoning my cuffs somewhat challenging. Cufflinks that give such an appearance of complexity, even if they operate normally, could only confuse me early in the morning before coffee.

And in those circumstances, if someone were to ask me what time it was, I could easily start examining the gears of my cufflinks and wondering where the face of my watch went.

8. phazeaction says:

would the gearing wear the cuff fabric? the gear edges tend to be sharp.

regardless, they are teh awesome!

9. Jake von Slatt says:

I bought a clockwork brooch from Rivkasmom as a present for my sister a few months ago – it was very well received! Gorgeous work!

10. MaximusNYC says:

I’m amazed that the word “steampunk” was not used anywhere in this post.

11. joelanders says:

Never mind what these would do to your suit–the cufflinks themselves look fragile if they caught on something! Especially the poor little balance wheel… I bet it still swings sadly back and forth…neglected…forgotten…