Pig piss plastic

20 Responses to “Pig piss plastic”

1. Teresa Nielsen Hayden / Moderator says:

Blog Mosaic, what Takuan said. We don’t do that here. Put your URL in your personal profile.

I’ve removed your URL from your comments in other threads, too.

2. Oren Beck says:

The basic Urea as feedstock concept is old news.
    Diverting hog urine poses some source redesign issues. As most hog confinement operations tend to be designed with zero solid/liquid isolation methods. I suspect getting clean urine not contaminated by other materials will be a non-trivial affair. And thence we go on to the antibiotic levels in factory farmed animals excreta.
    Ah, then perhaps we may have unexpected – Dare I say it- end results . Plastics being anti-microbial from several Mg/Kg of antibiotics in their feedstocks.

3. Antinous says:

We should start interviewing for a triplet.

4. Takuan says:

isn’t it great? It’s like being evil twins!

5. Argon says:

Can’t imagine why anyone would object.

As long as no additional horses get diverted from beer production.

6. hellhead says:

I alwasy associated ‘flavor country’ with being kinda farm related, cowboys and all that. No reason to think pig piss doesn’t jibe with that.

7. bloggersmosaic says:

that’s really kool

8. Antinous says:

Bloggersmosaic,

Stop including your web address in posts please.

9. Takuan says:

having quit, yeah, pig piss WOULD enhance cigarette flavour

10. martha_macarthur says:

I have concerns about the collection process. A lot of people were really excited about Premarin (a drug made up of conjugated estrogens obtained from the urine of pregnant mares) until they found out the cruel way it was procured.

Perhaps they could put the animals up on grated floors with collection channels. I think the real focus should be what to do with the poop.

Theres a good article about hog production in Rolling Stone by JEFF TIETZ from Dec 2006 called Boss Hog.

11. Jack says:

Well, would it be Kosher? Or would toy companies now have to come up with pig plastic and non-pig plastic toys?

12. Robbo says:

mmm – bacon cigarettes

piggie ciggies

mmmmm

13. Riblets says:

natural flavoring just got a new ingredient under it’s wonderful all encompassing reach.

14. noen says:

Definately not a “wonderful thing”.

Urea is urea isn’t it? Why not human urine too? Then the cigarette companies could list all the pharmaceuticals as an added feature.

Imagine, we could build our cities out of our own shit and piss. What a wonderful world that would be.

15. stickinsecthunter says:

When I was a kid my dad told me that when he learned at Siemens in Germany they had to drill holes in circuit boards and cut them to size. Whenever they would be doing that it would smell really bad and strongly like urine. Apparently those circuit boards were made out of cow’s urine.

16. Takuan says:

“It was the first organic compound to be artificially synthesized from inorganic starting materials, thus dispelling the concept of vitalism”

figures

17. flyingdutchman says:

#9:
    Weird. I’ve been drilling holes in circuit boards (and cutting and grinding them too) for nearly thirty years, and I never came across any type of board material that would smell like urine.

18. Belac says:

Jack,
    AFAIK the cigarettes wouldn’t be kosher, but there’s nothing wrong with pig-derived non-food products. Strict orthodox people wouldn’t carry food in pig-derived plastic bags, or store it in pig-derived containers, though, I’d imagine.

19. Antinous says:

Good lord, she can’t even tell us apart anymore.