14 Responses to “Smartcard cracker: Fox paid me to hack DISH's smartcards to promote piracy of DISH signals”

1. aarrgghh says:

so where do i sign up for freelance gigs like that? is there a website?

2. Antinous says:

This kind of lawlessness will continue unabated until rogue nations like Canada are brought to heel. God forbid they develop nuclear power or we’re all doomed.

3. The Unusual Suspect says:

Just try it, and we’ll burn down your White House. Again.

Oh, AND we’ll take away your Labatt Blue!

4. Agent 86 says:

If we went to war on Canada, I would join the Canadian Army (do they have a foreign legion?).

Chris’s Black-Hat presentation on breaking smartcards.

5. RobDubya says:

Additionally, NDS was accused of doing the EXACT same thing in Europe a few years ago and conspiring to flood the market with pirated Canal+ satellite cards.

6. sonny p fontaine says:

I’ll never be able to forgive your people for burning our beloved whitehouse. how could anyone have treated dolly madison so shabily? keep your freakin’ labatts i’m fine with my Yuengling.

7. hbee says:

Sounds like a win-win – we get free tv and fox gets screwed

8. MichaelWDean says:

People and their friggin’ agendas. Pleah!

Are some of these corporations any different from the mafia? Or from crotch grabbin’ gangatas who “gots to git paid”? Or smash-and-grab meth heads stealing all the copper in America’s heartland?

Sometimes this stuff makes me want to digitize every piece of media, and every trade secret, that I have access to and release it on BitTorrent.

Michael W. Dean

9. Ian70 says:

#3 – (hums) It burned burned burned, and weee’re the ones that did it..

How is this story not the least bit surprising? “Oh we just paid him to reverse-engineered it, nothing wrong with that.” Hmm, can we reverse-engineer the skin of News Corp’s board of directors? I want to see what makes -them- tick.

10. MichaelWDean says:

People and their friggin’ agendas. Pleah!

Michael W. Dean

11. bardfinn says:

MichaelWDean:

“Are some of these corporations any different from … crotch grabbin’ gangatas who “gots to git paid”?”

*cough* google O’reilly Falafel *cough* NSFW*COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*

12. MichaelWDean says:

Um, I know about that case, but don’t get the joke. cough.

Are you saying that Bill O’Reilly May have agendas? OK. I agree. Pervy and pushy agendas, even. And he works for a corporation. NewsCorp, in fact.

If the joke is more than that, please explain. I don’t get it. Cough.

MWD

kill em all.let god sort em out.