Artist themes for Google

14 Responses to “Artist themes for Google”

1. AdamDivesDown says:

Great art, and a wonderful charity to donate the proceeds towards! Working at a JFS here in San Diego, social service programs like these are ever more important to support in these difficult economic times. Thank you for your support of your communict and contribution to worldly culture!

2. Bonnie says:

Hey, where’s the COOP theme? Sheesh.
    If Google needs anything, it’s devil girls!

3. MarkHeck says:

can we make our own?

4. Calton says:

Yeah, Google even set up a space at Tokyo’s Roppongi Hills development a couple of weeks ago to promote this, taking over a cafe space. Various glass cases displaying items associated with the artists/designers (like Tezuka Osamu, creator of Astro Boy; NIGO ®, creator of the A Bathing Ape streetwear brand; and Lily Franky, whom I don’t know but whose designs are now on my iGoogle page) and big projection TV screening short videos promoting the designers. They had Google demonstrators wandering amongst the tables carrying laptops (in addition to the dedicated table of them) to show the diners, and if signed up a Google account, you got a free tchotke — including, I believe, a Moleskine notebook with “Google” embossed on the cover. Kinda cool.

5. Calton says:

Oh yeah, here’s a bunch of pictures from their blog (in Japanese, but you can look at the pictures, at least):

6. Tenn says:

There’s the post, Mark, I thought you were going to hold out on us! I’m using these on my RSS and they’re gorgeous.

7. Talia says:

I discovered this earlier. These are really great.

I’m using this one right now; hadn’t even noticed it changes. That makes it even better.

8. andrew brandou says:

Congratulations, Mark! Super fun theme – - when/if these translate to a gallery show that will be quite a star studded event! cheers! — andrew

9. weston deboer says:

Is it just me? Or does Shepard Faireys designs look nothing like his designs at all.

10. Christopher says:

Thank you for using good color contrasts, Mark. The last one I have been using practically let the text blend into the white page… But I sure loved those starscapes

11. Stacyj says:

Aww, I really like the Google themes – I’m currently using a ‘springtime’ one but had been using the Lollypop Land one for a long time, it’s really fun =) I always wanted to see -more- changes, too; I hope you do another one sometime.

My only kvetch about Google themes is that you can’t search the non-artist ones by creator (or if you can, I haven’t figured out how?) – that’s kind of a bummer when you find something from someone you like and want to see what else they’ve done …

12. corpse 1 says:

@weston deboer: I think that’s a good thing. Shepard Fairey’s work has been more or less static for a very long time (look at the album artwork he’s done)