Chris Ware: This American Life animation

10 Responses to “Chris Ware: This American Life animation”

1. Hyoscine says:

I like it! It’s nice to see Chris Ware doing something that isn’t absolutely harrowing.

2. ZippySpincycle says:

I’ve been a fan of Chris Ware since forever, but damned if I can force myself to appreciate his most recent circle-obsessed style.

Sigh…Sometimes I think I just might not be a hipster after all.

3. mesrop says:

Taymar??? or Tamar… is she Armenian?

4. hokano says:

Wow! Ambulatory jazz-age snowman!

5. guanoboy says:

That’s not just any couple, it’s Robert Krulwich of Radiolab fame and his wife, Tamar Lewin, who is a reporter for the New York Times. Robert’s also a well known news reporter…check out his bio at:

and her stories at:

6. Fart Sandwich says:

I live in Chicago, and a little after I moved into my current place, I learned that Chris Ware had lived in an apartment above me, but he had moved out shortly before I moved in.

I had no idea who that was, but living in the hipster neighborhood of Chicago, I learned pretty quick.

I know that was totally random, but I feel at least a little connection to somebody I’ve never met, that just so happens to be on BoingBoing today.

7. Fart Sandwich says:

By the way, the animation was awesome.

8. the_Bird says:

Very cool animation, but unneccesary. One of the real beauties of TAL is how easy it is to visualize the stories being told; seeing it literally drawn out is almost redundant.

9. Stefan Jones says:

#3: It would have been even cooler if he had left behind a bizarre hand-assembled wood vending machine in the laundry room that sold detergent packaged in boxes decorated with elaborate calligraphy and cheeky ad copy.

10. tastypopsicle says:

+1 for the “Marriage Jury”. Oh I laughed and laughed and laughed because it’s true.

Animation and story: I enjoyed it very much.