Former publisher of High Times plays the bong-guitar

10 Responses to “Former publisher of High Times plays the bong-guitar”

1. Evil Jim says:

Now if the bong pipe could double as a talk box he’d be all set.

2. Takuan says:

a little modification and I bet it would

3. Maurik says:

So *cough* yeah, *cough* I am the *cough* editor *cough* *cough* for a pot smoking *cough* magazine. *cough* *cough*

4. License Farm says:

I know a number of guitarists for whom this would be a godsend.

Is the movie in question High Times’ Potluck? That may have been one of the last credits of Frank “The Riddler” Gorshin. Still better than Raul Julia going out on Street Fighter.

5. mmbb says:

I’m no expert (nor even an amateur), but isn’t a bong a water pipe?

6. jrdot says:

yeah right

7. Takuan says:

uh… I forget….

8. Enochrewt says:

Kinda cool, but ultimately fails in the pipe part. It’s not a bong because as someone pointed out, there’s no water in it. Also, there’s no carb on it so you can’t clear the smoke out, resulting in a stale tastes on the next hit. Unless the bowl is a pull/slide carb, but he didn’t use it.

I wonder how many times they’ve had to clean it, it’d get brown pretty quickly from even just a couple of bowls smoked throug it.

9. poops says:

Yes it is from High Times’ Potluck. Anyways, that beast is absolutely insane. I would totally play the guitar and shred some tunes while smoking a fat bowl. Also, a bong does have water usually but this is basically like a bong without water. It would be a harsh hit,but you would get pretty high off of it.

10. ill lich says:

You probably could make that into a water pipe (or maybe it even works as one already and they just didn’t have water in it), but do you really want to have water that close to electricity? That is a pointless and silly modification on what looks like an older Reverend guitar. Besides, that modification would guarantee you never took it on tour– too likely to be confiscated.