Free ebook: The Defiant Agents, by Andre Norton

9 Responses to “Free ebook: The Defiant Agents, by Andre Norton”

1. Clifton says:

Great great juvenile SF; I bought a reissued omnibus edition of the Time Traders series in hardback a year or two ago and don’t regret it. As a teenager I especially loved the sequel Galactic Derelict.

This is a nice post. Looks interesting. Thank you for sharing this ebook. Really Appreciate it.

Regards

3. Oren Beck says:

I always wonder if our mundane world has already discovered some truly ALIEN tech items and just not known what they were. A “Ship” is sort of obvious.
    Other artifacts less so. Some of the romantic associations between “Primitive” tribal social orders and Starship building ones approach a sort of literary “Archetype” status. Which to me bespeaks in potential an artifact of sorts easy to overlook.

What if this book is not based on mere imagination after all? It’s said that to show s thing has been done is to advance it being done again. READ this story and ponder how we would handle their situation here and now!

4. BadKittyM says:

Oh, wow. One of my favorite Sci-Fi books when I was a kid. It must be 30 years since I read it. Thanks!

5. Enochrewt says:

I’ll have to check this out, it sounds interesting.

Colonizing palnets, eh? are they going to compete directly with MySpace and Facebook?

Pssshh I talk like like I’ve never transposed two letters before.

6. Tenn says:

On my ‘to Library’ list. Thanks Mark.

7. Dead Air says:

This book is a classic of Cold War Juvenile SF, and I mean that completely positively. The whole Time Traders series is great fun, and highly recommended.

8. Greg Weeks says:

Project Gutenberg just posted this. PG or PGDP is where manybooks gets most of its content.

9. Tenn says: