Smoosh and Mark Kozelek on Yo Gabba Gabba!

10 Responses to “Smoosh and Mark Kozelek on Yo Gabba Gabba!”

1. thegiantsnail says:

Mark Kozelek is a god among men.

2. fatcat1111 says:

I’ve heard Smoosh at a few shows in Seattle (they live here) and they rock! They opened for Tokyo Police Club a few nights ago and were the best part of the ticket.

3. mikeout says:

I luuuv Yo Gabba Gabba! They’re all crammed in my Tivo indefinitely. The songs and tunes are so infectious. My favorite song is “I Like Bugs” from “Scary”. And did you know Mark Mothersbaugh is the cartoonist? Pluuus Leslie Hall (BoingBoingTV/internet star) is on sometimes. Let’s not forget the awesome 8-bit music interludes and Biz Markie’s beatbox of the day. And and and!

4. legion says:

And the Aquabats! +100 kickass points!

5. Burns! says:

I saw Smoosh open for The Dresden Dolls on Wednesday night in L.A. Had no idea who they were. When they came on I thought, “14 & 16-year-old girls? Someone was owed a favor to get them on this gig.” Not so! They rocked! I am a newly converted fan.

6. gruben says:

Sweet, sadcore is exactly what was missing from children’s television.

7. imipak says:

@4: Right. I’m looking forward to the Sesame Street band covering American Music Club.

8. Tits McGee says:

That’s our favorite episode, too! My daughter and I watch Bedtime Lullabye on YouTube all the time. Pick It Up is another fave video of ours.

Yo Gabba Gabba rocks the house.

Other than the program & its YouTube equivalent, does anyone know where this song can be found? I’m a HUEG Kozelek fan and would love to find a copy. Unfortunately, after scouring the interwebs, the closest I can find is an album of Bedtime Lullabies that his vanity label (Badman Recordings) put out around 5 years ago. Kozelek did not appear on it.

10. ridestowe says:

for those that love Yo Gabba Gabba, KidRobot is currently selling vinyl figures of some of the characters on the show.

i dont mean this to sound like a marketing ploy, i’m just a BB reader who saw these figures on kidrobot’s site and thought that other BB readers might be interested in them.