Robot cupcakes!

13 Responses to “Robot cupcakes!”

1. Tenn says:

OMNOMNOM.

Those look delish. I second the guess on fondant. And the inability to mix those gorgeous colors up. I don’t even know if I’d be capable of eating them.

Thanks, Cory, for once again reminding me of my lack of ability to cook, bake, or produce anything edible.

2. EH says:

Takuan: Likely it’s fondant like every other (cup)cake with sheet colors like those.

How do u make the cupcakes. My child is having a party and wants to make them. can someone please post the instrutions. Thank you!!!!!!!

4. mouser882 says:

Am I the only person who thinks fondant just doesn’t taste good? I wonder if these would be remotely possible with regular (and delicious!) icing.
    I think cupcakes like these would completely make a little boys birthday party.

5. Xopher says:

Plain fondant is sweet, and that’s all. I don’t think that tastes good. But you can flavor it, and then it’s fine. Those look like colored fondant to me. It would be nice if they’re also flavored.

You can also make a white-chocolate ganache icing and airbrush the colors on (they make special airbrushable food colors).

I don’t think it would work so well with buttercream icing. Too soft.

6. nadhira says:

This is so pretty! In a geeky and yummy way.

7. Antinous says:

Fondant is way too sweet, and buttercream is way too runny, but cream cheese frosting could be workable and tastylicious.

8. Antinous says:

Oh, I was thinking Velveeta for the orange.

9. eustace says:

Mixing up those well-designed color schemes would just wig me out.

10. Pipenta says:

Best cupcakes ever!

11. paulthekindd says:

How do you find this stuff?! :)

You have the ever-valuable ‘nose for geekness’

I imagine you could start a blog somewhere online today, use a pseudonym, tell no one from Boing Boing about it, and post 1/3 of your finds on it, and it would STILL become popular and well read:
    That is, this stuff will succeed from ground up every time.

Keep ‘em coming!
    Making a delightful Saturday morning that much more delightful.

12. Takuan says:

no icing recipe?

13. eustace says:

Yes! You can color it just as you want, roll it out thin to cut the shapes, and it beats fondant for flavor. Mmmmmm…. blueberry cupcakes with cream cheese robots…mmmmmm…..