BB Gadgets song: "Apple Store Is Down"

7 Responses to “BB Gadgets song: "Apple Store Is Down"”

1. ncm says:

Apfelschmerz: (noun) the painful realization that your Apple products fail to make you truly happy.

2. Takuan says:

schadenjobsfreude: the pleasure taken by Steve in knowing that doesn’t matter

3. minTphresh says:

just had to watch 3 of my friends struggle with harddrive-stealing, and speed and memory robbing spyware. so thankful for my powermac..

4. ROSSINDETROIT says:

At the risk of touching off another Apple/IBM war thread I’d like to note here that I started in the IT industry in the early ’80s and IBM format PCs were almost always preferred to Apple for a simple reason: Apple sold consumer products and IBM sold Business Machines. They weren’t as pretty, but my first office PC ran like a Swiss watch on OS2. If the piece of hardware said IBM on the case, you could pick up the phone 24/7 and a trained professional was at your disposal, not somebody reading debugging scripts off of a screen. Industry does not fool around with critical machinery.
    Back then (and I’m talking ’80s here) Apple was for artists, academics and advanced home users and IBM was the industry standard. The gaps have closed a lot, but the origins and original emphases of the products still show to some extent.

5. arkizzle says:

The gaps have definitely merged, but looking at the PC vs Mac ads, the old gulf is still being hawked. (in some places it is still somewhat accurate, in the Windows vs OS X context, for instance, rather than Apple hardware vs PC hardware.

Also, that distinction you mentioned, artist vs business, was going strong well into the late nineties, and still gets tossed around, like there is some inherent Photoshop accelerator built into macs.

But I think it was true, in a purely OS-context, for a fair while.

6. Antiglobalism says:

Apple has always sold mediocre hardware in slick cases to insane prices. Who needs it?

7. coldspell says:

@3: Apple is not selling hardware. They’re selling “It Just Works”.