Short documentary on reverse graffiti artist

8 Responses to “Short documentary on reverse graffiti artist”

1. Napkins says:

Is it viral propaganda/marketing, when the product name is so openly shown in the video?

2. filleaparis says:

Great Stuff….but.

ZEVS has been doing it paris for years!

Graffiti Proper.

He recently did the outside of the GLYPTOTEKET in Copenhagen

Article about “Electroshock”

3. hassan-i-sabbah says:

Seen this style before(no offence Mark)on Wooster,but wi skulls,but i’ll bet that the powers that be will nary cast a glance it people with steam cleaning equipment,whereas they will crack down on more aerosol related shenanigans.Ace stuff.this can only be a good thing,Until like most things it gets taken too far…

I actually stayed at Moose’s house in Brighton while I was on tour there last year. We had a long talk about reverse graffiti. He also told me about some anti-graffiti purist named the Splasher who goes around throwing paint over street art and on top of that glues a manifesto covered in broken glass. This apparently pissed the art community off BIG TIME. Moose got pretty steamed up just telling me about it and was thinking of ways to “clean off” these manifesto’s with his sprayer. I suggested he call himself “the washer”. Anyhoo, Moose is working on some other new and interesting ways to “paint” walls and I can’t wait to see more of his work! He is hands down a great and genuine guy.

Go MOOSE!

5. rawdirte says:

Bear Deluxe #27 has images from

a project in the sao paulo, brazil traffic
    tunnels by Alexandre Orion

Bear Deluxe is a publication of

6. Aloisius says:

Go ahead. Hock your green supplies. Put your ads up all over my city by cleaning up the dirt and grime. It is infinitely better than the majority of graffiti in San Francisco.

If the city doesn’t like it, they can clean the walls.

7. Beanolini says:

#6, thanks for the info about ‘The Splasher’- an absolutely fascinating subject. I found this article which seems to summarise the issue quite thoroughly. (There’s also a pretty good Wikipedia page).

I’m very interested by the questions this raises about ‘ownership’ of public space, and the nature of ‘good art’… it’s very hard for the artists whose works were ‘splashed’ to criticise the action without coming across as elitist, or as having a proprietary attitude to public space.

Also reminiscent of the Chapman brothers ‘defacing’ of Goya prints and, more recently, Hitler’s watercolours.